All too often, we see people thinking of project plans in terms of the ultimate goal – we’re going to do THIS and it’s going to make a huge difference! – without plotting out the pathway to achieving that goal.
Before preparing a funding application, here are some key questions to answer to ensure your project is fully developed.
- What evidence do you have to demonstrate that this project is necessary?
- Which specific group of people is going to benefit from your project?
- How are you going to achieve the required outcomes?
- How will you evaluate and measure success?
- How will you manage the risks facing this project?
Thinking about project ideas in this very detailed way can be time-consuming – but not nearly as time-wasting and damaging as submitting a funding application for an ill-prepared project.
So remember the bricks – following an effective project-planning procedure will help to identify weaknesses, as well as giving you a clear idea of which of your ideas are most worthy of your precious time and resources.
Have you seen our webinar ‘Grant-Seeking: The Indispensable Essentials‘?
Strategic Grants is the unique provider of grant strategies to bridge the divide between grant-seekers and grant-makers, through research, project planning and management, policy and process development, submission writing, training and the Grants Hub.
To find out how we can assist your non-profit, visit www.strategicgrants.com.au